Ways to Get Involved:
- Move-in Weekend: Each year, hundreds of Appalachian Parent & Family members volunteer to help move in our newest Mountaineers to their residence halls. Volunteers help in 4-hour shifts, receive a free T-shirt, and get to move their own student into their assigned residence hall a day early (if student is living on-campus). If you are interested in volunteering with Move-in, click here.
- I can't tell you how much it helped me as a parent to move my daughter in a day early to get her settled and familiar with campus. I felt like it started her off in such a good way… and I had a blast meeting other families! -- Former move-in Parent Volunteer
- Parent and Family Association's Board of Directors: Apply to be a member of the Parent & Family Association’s Board of Directors, with parents representing each class of undergraduate students
- Donate to the Parent’s Fund: Each year, a portion of these funds is awarded through grants to a variety of programs, services, and outreach initiatives that benefit our campus community.
- Regional Admissions Events: We are always looking for parent volunteers to help with our regional Admissions events. Sharing your experience with prospective parents and students connects them to the Appalachian Family! If you are interested in participating in an event in your area, contact Allison Dodson at email@example.com
- Appalachian Alumni Events: Our Appalachian Alumni Association hosts regular events in chapters around the country. You do not need to be a graduate of Appalachian to attend these events, just a friendly supporter! Stay connected to their calendar of events to see if they’re headed your way sometime soon!