The office of Student Accounts (opens in a new tab) is comprised of two functional areas:
- Cashier's Office
- Perkins Loan Servicing Center
The Cashiers Office is responsible for the billing, receipting, and depositing of all University related funds. Student and faculty/staff accounts receivables (other than loans) are maintained in this office.
As parents or family members of an Appalachian State University student, please be aware that Appalachian does not send bills via the US Postal Service. All bills are emailed to the students Appalachian State email address. It is important for your student to grant you access to their Student Account information and provide your email address on their AppalNET account so that you will receive an email notification when bills are generated.
You may access the most recent information about Student Accounts related topics on their website. Information on the Student Accounts site includes:
- Billing schedules (when bills will be sent out and the due dates)
- Payment options, including information about our Sallie Mae payment plan
- Detailed information about tuition, fees, room, and board
- Student refund information
- Perkins Loan information
- Information about student accounts through the AppalNET and Parent Portals