Follow the 3Ws and do your Daily Health Check before leaving your residence hall or coming to campus.
For details about Student Affairs operations, see the Student Affairs Covid-19 Response. Updated August 21, 2020 at 9:00 a.m.
Tuition and Billing
The Student Accounts Office is comprised of two functional areas - Cashier’s Office and the Perkins Loan Servicing Center. The Cashier’s Office is responsible for the billing, receipting, and depositing of all University related funds. Student and faculty/staff accounts receivables (other than loans) are maintained in this office.
As parents of an Appalachian State University student please be aware that Appalachian does not send bills by the US Postal Service. All bills are emailed to the student’s Appalachian email address. It is important for your student to grant you access to their Student Accounts information and provide your email address on their Appalnet account so that you will receive an email notification when bills are generated.
You may access the most recent information about Student Accounts related topics on their Website. Information on the Student Accounts site includes:
- Billing schedules (when bills will be sent out and the due dates)
- Payment options including information about our Sallie Mae payment plan
- Detailed information about tuition, fees, room and board
- Student refund information
- Perkins Loan information
- Information about student accounts through the AppalNET and Parent Portals